How to manage allergies with confidence
Specialists within the field of allergy will be there to answer questions in panel discussions, workshops and presentations.
What to expect and who is attending
- Leading Paediatric Doctors from London will be there to answer your questions.
- The Allergy Badge will be there to give families awareness and training on keeping your child safe in school.
- Key speakers will be giving advice on keeping airborne allergies to a minimum in your home.
- Allergy UK will be there to support and share with you what our Nation needs and how they are striving to achieve it ‘The Patient Charter’.
- Psychologists will be there to give advice on how to cope with anxiety.
We are very excited to welcome
- Misbah Primett a paediatric Allergy Dietician at Little People Dietitian and St George’s Hospital
- Thalina Houghton from Allergies in Bold and our proud Ambassador
- Natalie Hopkins from The Allergy Badge
Full list to follow.
This event is aimed at parents and families in fact anyone who has a child in their care.
If you are an education provider, a children’s centre, a playgroup, a foster parent with an allergic child, an after-school club or Brownie/Scout leader, this event will help you manage and support those children in your care.
Allergies affect 1 in 10 children, this is set to increase year on year.
The WHO has said allergies are an epidemic, services are a postcode lottery
More training needs to be provided and more jobs created so our children can get the best chance in life.. to not feel excluded, to not feel isolated and not to be bullied.
Sadie Bristow Foundation
Sadie Bristow Foundation: Chair and Co-founder Clare Bristow will be there. A family having lost a child to anaphylaxis and still living with a child with severe allergies.
The Sadie Bristow Foundation was set up after their daughter Sadie died of an anaphylactic reaction in 2018. Sadie was the UK’s no1 tennis player at the age of 9. Their aim is to help other families on their journey with allergies whilst spreading awareness and one day be able to say we now have a full service within Kent.